Thursday, August 21, 2014


“Do you remember what I was wearing? “ she asked.

“When? “

“The night we met. “

“It was that pink dress. You were wearing a silver scarf. I thought it was grey but you corrected me.” he answered confidently.

She smiled at him and loved him for remembering.

“You know what? “ he asked. “ I remember what you ate, how you smelled, and how that asshole Joe danced with you before I got drunk enough to come talk to you.”

“ I danced with somebody else? “ she was smiling.

“You know you did. “

“ Hmmmm.......”

“I'm glad you did. Otherwise I wouldn't have made that stupid joke about break dancing and Frankenstein. You laughed and instantly relaxed me, “

“You were awfully cute. “

“ I still hate that fucker. “

“You shouldn't. “

“My competition? “

“ Baby, there is no competition. “

“You say so.....but I am so not in your league. “

“I pick you. You're in my league. “

“Jordan, look in the mirror, I'll never be in your league. “

“ You are an idiot....but I love you Andy. “

“Never leave me? “ he asked.

“ I never will, “ she said, “ Until the end of my days. “

1 comment:

  1. Strong love sometimes means believing you have found someone out of your league. I did. More than I deserve and grateful every day

    ReplyDelete